The finance department leads in the management and use of financial resources to achieve value for money.
The department exist to provide financial advice to management with the view to fulfilling all the requirement of existing legal framework concerning financial matters.
The Finance Department:
- Ensure access at all reasonable times to files, documents and other records of the District Assembly
- Keep, render and publish statements on Public Accounts
- Keep receipts and custody of all public and trust monies payable into the Consolidated Fund
- Facilitate the disbursement of legitimate and authorized funds
- Prepare financial reports at specific periods for the Assembly
- Prepare payment vouchers and financial encumbrances
- Undertake revenue mobilization activities of the Assembly
- Make provision for financial services to all departments in the District